Tours take place every Saturday at 10.30, 11.30, 12.30 and 13.30. Average Length of Visit: 40 minute
This is the final building to be built under British Rule in Ireland. The foundation stone was laid in 1904 by King Edward V11 but the building was only completed in 1922. By that time Ireland had just come through a civil war and the building was immediately occupied by the new Free State government.
The State has occupied the building since and the Government continues to use the Council Chamber which had been the cabinet room for all Irish governments since 1922.